Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we don’t just build products — we craft the revolution! All this comes through the ideas from people diversity that support the innovation from amazing technology to the best solutions. A job at Apple is unlike any other! Be challenged and inspired. Bring passion and dedication to this job and there's no telling what can be achieved. We are establishing a centralized team to support Landscape Modernization utilizing SAP Business Technology Platform, AWS, GCP and other innovation technologies. Join us in building best in class solutions and in implementing sophisticated software applications across the Enterprise Technologies Services teams at Apple. We are seeking a senior cloud operations engineer who has experience in leading SRE and Operational teams to improve operational outcomes. Lead our important platform support and operations team that will focus on delivering capabilities on our platform, and ensuring that end to end we deliver extraordinary outcomes for all the applications deployed on the platform. Bring the detailed knowledge and ability to roll sleeves up and go hands on to handle problems if needed, but in this role one will be much more focused on leading and developing skills within the team. Partner with functional, technical and security teams to understand cloud adoption challenges, work through application onboarding and provide solutions that can be adopted widely. The ideal candidate is someone with a sound track record, sound technical knowledge and skills in delivering large scale sophisticated cloud native software solutions deployed on cloud platforms (e.g. SAP BTP, AWS, GCP).
- Track record of building and leading high-performance SRE plus Operational teams.
- 5+ years management experience leading teams of engineers and experience with large scale cloud based application system.
- Extensive experience leading groups responsible for customer facing systems in an uptime 24-7 environment.
- Track record with improving service reliability and efficiency.
- Strong expertise in handling production incidents, with experience working towards resolution and stakeholder communication during incidents.
- The candidate should be adapt at prioritizing multiple issues in a high stress environment. Capability and experience in designing processes to improve response capabilities.
- Experience managing and building mission critical systems on top of modern cloud services like SAP BTP or AWS or GCP.
- 5+ years experience delivering high SLA production outcomes (ideally in a Public Cloud environment) - leveraging cloud-native architectures to build and handle resilient, highly available infrastructures that deliver customer outcomes with high SLAs.
- Good interpersonal skills to work successfully across diverse business and technical teams.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills - Lead by example to empower and challenge the team to deliver their best.
- Experience leading multi-functional initiatives and thought leadership.
- Should be able to understand sophisticated architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams.
- Experience with distributed systems in the production operations environment.
- Scripting and/or coding skills (Examples include but are not limited to: Java (OR) Python
Build up, lead and improve existing processes to provide 24x7 operational response for complicated Enterprise Applications in public cloud platforms. Improve and build Production Readiness processes for new services and new applications that are onboarded to the platform. Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews. Own and review work for accuracy, quality, application performance and completeness. Build processes that improve incident coordination processes with other Apple teams. Keep up to date with the latest technologies and tools and evangelize their value with the development teams Partner with Solution Architects and Engineers to design and implement automation, operations, and support solutions. Drive monitoring strategy. Maintain services once they are live by setting up monitoring, alerting and measuring availability, latency, and overall system health. Strive for top quality results and continuously look for ways to improve and enhance platform reliability, performance, and security. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team.
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Related field with a minimum of 5-6 years technical experience in meaningful areas.