Site Reliability Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without! If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! Are you passionate about solving complex business challenges with process engineering and technology? At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. The Infrastructure Systems Engineering team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated and upbeat engineer to be part of a diverse, fast paced and high-energy team. This team is responsible for building and managing infrastructure for Enterprise applications with a broad impact across the product and customer experiences. The ideal candidate will work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design, implementation and support of operating system technologies supporting large scale Linux systems.
- 2-3 years of proven programming experience in one of the following languages: Python, Go, Ruby
- Experience with revision control systems like GitHub and CI/CD unit testing
- Demonstrable understanding of UNIX Operating Systems
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, etc.) and shell scripting
- Understanding of networking protocols like TCP/IP, Subnets/Gateway, HTTP, DNS and NTP
- Strong debugging skills a must
- Experience in Containerization tools like Docker, VM, Kubernetes is a plus
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Interest in independently learning new technologies
- Good interpersonal capabilities and ability to work multi-functionally with other teams
We are looking for individuals who can take ownership and collaborate with various teams in implementing solutions in critical infrastructure systems. The main focus would be automation of routine manual tasks in UNIX enterprise environment along with devising solutions using Automation tools. You’ll play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of all services relied upon across Apple. The individual is expected to solve complex problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support security and business initiatives.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.