AI/ML - Sr OS Engineer, ML Innovation
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to build Machine Learning & Experimentation platforms to empower Apple engineers in delivering great user experiences. We are addressing key challenges to accelerate the adoption of ML across all the OSes and Apple products/services. Our work is complex, challenging and highly visible. Collaborate with Data & ML engineers to build on-device ML daemons & frameworks for Apple's most exciting applications & services. Does this interest your creative and development chops? If so, come join our team!
- Exceptional development experience for 3+ years at the systems level with Objective-C, Swift
- Strong understanding of iOS, macOS fundamentals and frameworks
- Experience with daemon and framework development
- Proven ability to deliver iOS/macOS production grade software
- Familiarity with essential tools (Xcode, Instruments)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Thorough understanding of scalability, reliability, power and performance on iOS
- Experience in experimentation or A/B testing, machine learning a plus!
You will primarily be responsible for implementing features & building frameworks to enable on-device ML workflows. You will possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming. Performance analysis and tuning will also be a significant responsibility in your job. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design. You'll ship code that runs on the devices you use every day and powers a variety of Apple products.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science or equivalent
- - Experience building widely adopted APIs
- - Software engineering in large-scale systems a plus
- - An appreciation how a platform design impacts end-user experience