Legal Project Management Office Leader
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Legal & Global Security Operations team is seeking an experienced leader in legal project management to build Apple’s Project Management Office. We are looking for an expert in the industry to build and recruit for the Project Management Office and set its key initiatives and strategy. In this role you’ll mentor and manage a diverse team of legal project managers and case assistants.
- 5+ years team leadership and management; demonstrated experience building and managing diverse teams delivering legal project and case management
- 10+ years hands-on experience working in Legal Project Management, or demonstrated paraprofessional equivalent experience
- A thorough understanding of legal case management lifecycle; must have demonstrated experience managing case budgets, legal research, trial prep and support, and deposition prep and support
- Experience leveraging technology to support and enable legal project management delivery, including financial modeling, analytics, quality assurance, and communication
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with matrixed reporting while delegating to your team
- Experience with stakeholder management, program design/management, and change management as it related to evolving legal project management best practices
- Curiosity and ability to identify gaps, propose solutions, and take ownership of projects while balancing time, quality, cost, and risk
- Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally; shows integrity and fairness in dealings with others; is reliable and trustworthy
- Sound judgment, discretion, and ability to properly handle confidential and sensitive information
You will create the Project Management Office “PMO” and be responsible for a team of legal project managers, paraprofessionals, and case assistants to deliver best-in-class support to the litigation, competition, employment, and investigations organizations. This role will set be responsible for developing the Apple Legal PMO playbook and training program to deliver world-class support to internal and external partners. The work will require collaboration with the eDiscovery Manager, Legal Technology Solutions, IS&T, external eDiscovery vendors, and senior leadership to develop improvements through identification and analysis of problems, appropriate scoping of projects, and timely execution of identified solutions. Providing mentorship regarding best practices in legal support and ensuring the team is current on internal policies and processes, with a focus on privacy, is adhering to industry standards will be critical.
Education & Experience
Advanced degree or equivalent experience; project management or paralegal certifications and membership to relevant industry associations preferred