Software Security Engineer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. We don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. We believe it's the diversity of these people and their ideas that inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Embedded within Apple's Wallet and Payments Server Engineering organization, Apple Pay Server Security team's mission is to ensure security of the applications, systems, and infrastructure powering Apple's Wallet and Payments services. The team is looking for a motivated engineer who is passionate about application, infrastructure, and cloud security and likes to design and develop secure solutions to protect these. As an engineer on this team you will partner with cross functional engineering teams working on new products, features, and cloud infrastructure to secure Wallet & Payments applications as well as design a secure foundation for services at Apple. This role will focus on secure design and architecture, threat modeling, building security solutions, and some security testing of applications and cloud/on-prem infrastructure. You will be working with partner teams in security engineering, privacy, and Information Security to keep Apple’s Wallet and Payments services secure for our users. If you love digging into complex systems, finding security gaps, and designing solutions with security in mind, we want to talk to you!
- Experience in designing and developing secure infrastructure and cloud services.
- Experience in application and cloud infrastructure security.
- Experience in conducting security architecture reviews or security testing of applications and cloud infrastructure components.
- Experience with threat modeling frameworks and techniques.
- Ability to dig deep and comprehend sophisticated application flows and systems to identify security issues, edge cases, and propose secure design enhancements.
- Understanding of common infrastructure components and cloud services including, secure network architecture, network service proxies, identity and access, virtualization and containerization, Kubernetes, HSMs and secure execution environments.
- Conversant in at least one programming language such as Java, Go, Python or Ruby
- Ability to organize & communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical people across functional teams
- Ability to build and maintain strong internal and external collaborative relationships
- Experience with contactless payments, payment terminals, and transaction processing is a plus.
As an engineer on this team, you will work with engineering teams throughout their development cycles conducting security reviews, threat modeling, security design verification and proposing security requirements and improvements. You will design, build, automate, and advocate for system wide security enhancements by partnering with engineering, cloud infrastructure, and security teams across Apple. You should be strongly motivated to learn new technologies. Your ownership of vulnerability, risk, and compliance processes will have you working hand-in-hand with engineering, infrastructure, compliance, and privacy teams to ensure the security, compliance, and privacy of critical customer systems.
Education & Experience
Bachelors in Computer Science / Engineering or related, with emphasis in security related fields (or equivalent experience).
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.