Hardware Systems Design & Test Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! Apple designs consumer electronics that have touched millions and changed the way people interact with electronic devices around the world. Our organization plays a key role in keeping up the quality standards at Apple and making sure that our customers are happy with the quality and experience of the hardware we manufacture. This position will integrate both hardware, software and mechatronics solutions developed in both lab and HVM environments. These solutions include hardware modules, mechanical fixtures, and software automations to carry out performance characterization and validation of wireless charging products. Come join us!
- 5+ years in system, hardware, or silicon test experience in a NPI/HVM environment.
- Strong understanding of operating systems, hardware, and embedded systems.
- Good EE fundamentals, experience in interpreting schematics
- Skilled in testing embedded systems, familiarity with standard hardware protocols (USB, SPI, and I2C)
- Proficient in scripting Python/PERL/Shell
- Experience with MacOS/Linux/Unix
- Hands-on and proficient with debugging tools and equipment: digital multi-meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, power supply, data logger etc.
- Ability to manage, manipulate, process, and analyze large data sets using tools like Excel/Matlab/JMP
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis.
- Excellent understanding of electronic product manufacturing, assembly and test processes, and hands on experience with failure analysis.
- Solid OOP programming experience in C or C++, Objective C desired
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; clear communication with multi-functional teams and leadership.
- Proven ability to work independently under high pressure/fast pace and comfortable working in a dynamic highly multi-functional environment
- Dedicated, well organized, detail oriented with a clear focus on goals and tasks!
We are seeking a Hardware Engineer that will touch a very broad set of skills including product design, HW design, SW development, mechanical design, factory deployment, factory reliability, vendor engagement, and executive communication. Upon taking the position, the Systems Engineer will be able to expand on many aspects of your current expertise but also allow you to develop in fields you might be interested in. Some of the key responsibilities will include: -> Designing automated test solutions from bench level characterization for high volume, mass manufacturing of Apple's entire wireless charging ecosystem. -> Collaborating with the hardware and silicon design teams to ensure the new products meet Apple's high standard for a great customer experience during mass manufacturing and debugging any issues that might surface during manufacturing -> Developing validation strategies/plans and performing electrical/system-level validation to catch and fix design issues through build cycles in order to improve the overall product quality and meet launch schedules ->Researching new technologies to understand unique failure mechanisms ->Building software for automating test equipment control, device control, test flow control, data acquisition and processing. ->Continually working towards improving testing speed, coverage, accuracy and reliability. ->Regularly parsing, plotting, manipulating, and analyzing data sets from low volume characterization for mass production.
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in CS, CE, EE 10+ years of industrial experience with at least 5+ years relevant experience with system, Embedded systems, Silicon, or Hardware test.