Wireless Platform Architecture Engineering Program Manager
San Diego, California, United States
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This is an extraordinary opportunity to engage with the latest wireless technologies and contribute to groundbreaking Apple products year after year. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. You will be working with the best wireless architecture, silicon, & hardware/system integration teams in the world to deliver exciting technologies and experiences for consumers! The EPM is responsible for multi-functional communication and representation for the groups involved in Wireless technology definition and development. Technical design background in Wireless systems, architecture, software, and RF analog/mixed signal will be key to your success in this role. You will also ideally have project management experience in some aspects of Wireless or RF chip design and development. Proven experience working in a dynamic engineering environment, sophisticated multi-tasking skills, and real-time crisis management are all desired strengths for this position. As a Wireless Platform Architecture Engineering Program Manager within the Hardware Technology organization, you will be working on a Senior Project Management team, responsible for driving roadmaps and resolving technical issues that enable wireless features in Apple products. This is an individual contributor role, helping own the definition & development process for the Wireless SoC silicon. The focus of this role is on initial phases of product requirements, architecture, specification development, design, and pre-silicon prototyping to initial samples.
- 10+ years of experience working with Wireless Technologies, Wireless platform Architecture, wireless system design, Analog and/or Mixed-Signal IPs or RF products.
- Track record of hands-on Technical Program or Project Management or engineering Chip lead.
- Extraordinary teammate and creative problem solver who is able to lead technical teams, multi-functional groups against plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Familiarity with SoC, Analog/Mixed signal/ RF design process, tools/flows and methodologies is a plus.
- Work with multi-functional Architecture, HW, SW and System organizations to define and complete wireless silicon product development projects - Work closely with chip integration and systems teams to drive high level architecture - Ability to multi-task and lead designs across several projects at a time - Close technical requirements with Apple System teams, handle issues, and track bugs - Pull together regular project status presentations for multi-functional executive reviews - Drive resolution of technical issues between multi-functional teams - Convert large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to organizations at all levels - Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution - Track project schedule for all phases of Silicon-on-Chip design from IP and System definition to Design, Prototyping, Silicon/System Bring-up and Production
Education & Experience
• MS or BS Degree in technical discipline