Embedded SW Engineer - System & Firmware Diagnostics
Herzliya, Tel Aviv District, Israel
If you have the passion for understanding how your code affects real hardware, and the ambition to take part and influence large scale, groundbreaking projects, we have a role for you. The System & Firmware Diagnostics team is looking for an exceptional embedded software engineer to join our SoC bringup team in Israel. We work on all the forefront technologies with Apple SoC for our next generation products and have a major impart on the way Apple develops and manufactures its products. Our Environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration and a vibrating amount of autonomy. Our team is responsible for SoC bringup for Apple’s internal UEFI software used across a wide range of Apple products. This software is key for Apple in manufacturing all our high quality and amazing products As a member of the team you will design and implement drivers and software on lower-layers for our UEFI environment, debug complex cross-functional issues and support the manufacturing process of our products. You will have deep and broad view into Apple SoCs and technologies, how we design test and manufacture our products. You will work closely with hardware, silicon and system teams in Israel and across the globe to accomplish software-hardware integration and participate in bringing up our software on new Apple products from pre-silicon phase to product release.
- 5 years of embedded software design and implementation.
- Excellent C programming skills.
- Significant experience in writing low-level drivers for hardware.
- Proficiency with debugging large, complex software.
- Experience in ARM architecture, UEFI or PCIE is a big plus.
- We’re looking for someone who is creative, critical thinking and has proven troubleshooting skills.
- You should be highly professional, with the ability to deliver confirmed work on tight schedules.
- Excellent collaborative skills and the ability to work closely with Silicon design and HW design engineers.
Apple designs consumer electronics that have touched millions and changed Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, hard-working people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products.
Education & Experience
Master or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering or Computer Science from a University is required.