Cellular Layer1 Firmware Integration Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of an extraordinary modem team, you’ll craft sophisticated & pioneering embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across subject areas to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations! By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world! As a Cellular FW Integration Engineer, you will be at the center of the 2G/3G/4G/5G FW software configuration management (SCM). The role will be responsible for integrating FW sources with rest of the system for various targets and branches of release. This position requires someone comfortable with all aspects of SCM, that thrives in a dynamic cross-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- Deep understanding of SCM (Software Configuration Management) and build systems.
- Good knowledge/experience of GIT based version control systems.
- Experience with popular version control systems like Perforce, Clearcase.
- Hands-on experience with Makefile based build system.
- Experience with builds system based on Cmakefile and SCONS is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of CIs(continuous integration). Pre/post Commit CIs. Binary searches to identify changes causing degrades.
- Deep understanding of branching , labelling, workspaces, releases, patches and engineering builds.
- Experience in pre and post build scripting.
- Integration of builds with test automation.
- Experience in scripting languages like Perl and Python.
Specify, design and implement Software Configuration Management (SCM) for Cellular FW Integration. Example of areas include: - Managing Mainline sources of FW. - Managing FW builds for various targets and test vehicles. - Support of Development and Release branches. - Propagation of bugs across branches. - Continuous Integration enablement and maintenance. - Root cause CI degrades and restore FW functionality. - Support Engineering builds and their automation. - Test automation of Engineering builds.