Cellular 4G/5G Firmware Verification Architect
San Diego, California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? As part of an outstanding modem team, we'll craft sophisticated groundbreaking embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before! We'll work across subject areas to transform improved hardware elements into a single, coordinated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? As a Cellular 5G/4G Firmware Verification Architect, you will be at the center of the embedded 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for crafting and productizing groundbreaking cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of embedded firmware verification, that thrives in a multifaceted multi-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to shift on constantly evolving requirements.
- Minimum BS+10 years of relevant industry experience in Cellular Firmware and System verification.
- Deep understanding of 4G and 5G; 3GPP specifications with focus on Physical and MAC layers, Understanding of protocol stack procedures with knowledge on RRC, RLC, PDCP and NAS layer is plus.
- Strong experience and proven understanding of wireless Systems design, RF interface and Firmware Architecture.
- Capability of defining sophisticated verification use cases and schemes to drive system performance and define verification criteria.
- Experience with firmware test case planning, design, and development of 4G/5G Functional, Performance and Field scenarios.
- Solid understanding of multiple 4G/5G signaling and non-signaling and physical layer test equipments(Keysight, R&S and Anritsu etc.) along with their automation interfaces.
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals along with source controlling and related tools
- Proficiency in Scripting Language Python and Understanding in Programming Languages Java and C++.
- Knowledge of Signal processing and use of MATLAB for simulation.
- Versatile to learn new architecture and frameworks.
- Experience with network emulators, silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms.
Work with a team of Firmware verification engineers, Firmware developers and System engineers to build firmware verification functional and performance use cases, followed by test plan. Design and develop verification frameworks for the 4G/5G firmware. Design and implement test cases for the 4G/5G firmware verification on Test equipments like Keysight, R&S and Anritsu. Verify key protocol, signal processing and numerical algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets. Work with Hardware/Firmware/Systems teams to build verification architecture for new and existing features. Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms anduse them for pre-silicon firmware design verification. Evaluate and implement powerful tools for firmware verification, define test methodologies and standard processes for verification and reporting.
Education & Experience
Minimum BS + 10 years of relevant industry experience