AIML - Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform & Infrastructure
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple AIML Information Intelligence team is looking for both AIML specialists who can train models and strong software engineers to design, build, and scale modern artificial intelligence (AI) systems and backend systems for powering core Apple services such as search and ads. You will be a part of a dynamic team with a focus on delivering systems that can scale to millions of queries, train, deploy, and optimize AI models with state of the art techniques. The ideal candidate should be excited about building best-in-class search engines, working with a diversity of machine learning (ML) and AI models, and collaborate with other engineers and teams across Apple. The expected impact of your work will be to delight millions of Apple customers who rely on Apple devices for every aspect of daily life.
- Proficiency in Go, C, C++, Java, or other generalist programming languages
- Practical knowledge of common data structures and algorithms
- For AI/ML specialists , experience with training, iterating on, and deploying AI or ML models
- Understanding of high-level network protocols (HTTPS, protobuf, JSON)
- Understanding of distributed computing (load balancing, RPC, Map/Reduce, databases)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
You will work in a cross-functional team which is developing software to run innovative machine learning systems in the cloud and on device. You are passionate about implementing performant ML based algorithms in a distributed system and keep up to date with best practices and new technologies. You will also work closely with ML engineers or bring your experience in ML and AI to develop models and ensure that models, and backend search systems can be deployed efficiently on the cloud.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or equivalent field
- An appreciation for good API design.
- Ability to write correct, clear, and understandable code.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills