Software Engineer - Tools & Framework
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
We are a small team at Apple in the Tools & Framework organization building innovative automated test systems. We take up a broad range of challenges on a daily basis like crafting distributed computing infrastructure services & frameworks, reliability test infrastructure and tests. These highly available systems protect software that we ship to our users.
- 6+ years industry experience
- Strong leadership, communication, and project management skills.
- Deep understanding of software design principles and architecture.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, databases, and APIs
- Expertise in Java and Python programming languages (Swift, Scala nice to have)
- Ability to identify and tackle problems quickly and optimally
You will contribute to the technical design and implementation of a system critical to the everyday work of software development. You will collaborate with your team and work cross-functionally to tackle problems and design beautiful solutions. You will drive projects independently, and leverage organizational skills to thrive in a fast paced development team. You will look for the best solutions for customers and drive those ideas forward in every aspect of the product. You will interact with the engineers that are customers of your tool to debug issues and understand their use cases. You will be involved in all facets of the product from feature planning, system design, implementation to documentation. Your work will have a profound impact on Apple’s software by crafting a robust and reliable system that enables software engineers to contribute high quality work.
Education & Experience
B.S. / M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience