SWE - Pre-Silicon GPU Compiler Backend Engineer, Development Technologies
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
As a member of the AGX Pre-Silicon backend team you will design and implement significant parts of the compiler for future Apple GPUs. You will be a member of a small team with diverse talents and ample room for growth that works on every Apple Silicon GPU we ship in different devices including iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Macs.
- Experience with modern C++ programming.
- Proven industry experience with strong background in compilers.
- Experience in low-level program behavior, including performance and memory model.
- Passionate about solving interesting problems related to the state-of-the-art Apple GPUs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Motivated to build constructive and effective relationships and solve problems collaboratively.
In this role, you will be implementing LLVM-based compilers to generate optimized shader binary for future Apple Silicon GPUs that run graphics and compute workloads. You will be able to influence and work on new GPU architectures. You will design and implement new features added to future GPUs. You will architect and develop new compiler passes and optimizations to improve run-time performance while meeting the compile time requirements. You will also have the opportunity to work with LLVM open source community to add new features or optimizations to LLVM. You will work in a cross-functional environment and collaborate with GPU architecture, silicon design, device driver and Metal framework teams to develop the GPU Hardware and Software stack for Apple Silicon GPUs. If this sounds of interest to you, we'd love to hear from you!
Education & Experience
BS with 3 years experience, MS or PhD in computer science or related field.
- You are not expected to know all of these. But knowing any of them is a plus.
- LLVM, GCC, or other open source / commercial compilers.
- Background in GPU programming models, such as Metal, Vulkan, DirectX, OpenGL, OpenCL, or CUDA.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture, code optimization.
- If you believe you have transferable skills, not listed on this posting, that would make you a good candidate please feel free to share that information via a Cover Letter.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.