Engineering Project Manager Intern-Shenzhen
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Just be ready to dream big. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imaging what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Products Team is looking for an Engineering Project Manager Intern to support to work on the development and validation of high quality Apple Products. The In-region EPM team works closely with key product design teams including Electrical and Mechanical, in order to drive the product design and schedules for development builds. Engineering Project Managers utilize a solid engineering background to recognize, assess and communicate issues and risks. EPMs are fearless organizers who are ready to work with the highly skilled multi-functional teams to identify and resolve potential pitfalls to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. We value intuition, attention to detail, and collaboration to expertly drive projects across a range of teams.
- - Senior year student for a BS in ME / EE or relevant field
- - Pursuing MS/PhD in relevant field
- - Strong technical background and engineering sense
- - Strong written and oral communication, organization, presentation, and leadership skills
- - Your interpersonal skills are oriented towards collaboration and teamwork
- - Self-motivated and high-energy with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- - Knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes
- - You remain calm and flexible in times of ambiguity
This is a technical role requiring a solid EE or Mechanical background to understand technical details of multi-functional issues which will enable you to set the proper priorities and put risk mitigation plans in place. In this dynamic role, you will co-work with full-time EPMs to manage hardware development project schedules with engineering teams while communicating project status to a wide spectrum of team members and management.
Education & Experience
Master degree, EE or Mechanical background
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.