Software Developer in Test, File Systems
Software and Services
Do you like working in a fast-paced environment with prototype hardware and software?! The File Systems group within Apple's Core OS organization is looking for a passionate engineer to join our software validation team. The team is responsible for the validation of data storage technologies software on a wide array of Apple products. This position’s primary focus will be creating scalable and robust test systems to support the delivery of new features and new Apple devices. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
- Strong, demonstrable skill in a scripting language(s) and OOP.
- Strong understanding of software test and validation methodologies.
- Familiarity operating Unix-like operating systems and working in the shell.
- Able to support engineering team with triage, debugging and validation of software issues.
- Able to work independently and be proactive in task completions.
- Ability to read and comprehend C.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Successful candidates will join a multifaceted team responsible for validating the latest features in storage technologies on all of Apple products, from watches to Macs, including unreleased prototypes. Our team works hand-in-hand with the software engineering team throughout the software development lifecycle from the initial design until we ship to the customer. Responsibilities include test planning and design, development of test software across the entire product stack (from unit to end-to-end testing), as well as systems and environment deployment.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Any of the following skills will help candidates stand out.
- Experience with databases and data analytic tools (such as Splunk, or Tableau) .
- Experience developing in Objective C or Swift.
- Experience working on operating systems, and file systems.
- Exposure to HFS+, APFS.
- Experience in working in DevOps (CI / CD systems, lab management).
- Familiarity with Source Control Management with SVN or Git