CapEx Program Manager - Manufacturing Operations
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This position will be responsible for leading on-site Capital Equipment program management functions for iPhone Operations team at contract manufacturing sites. Working cross- functionally in a team environment, the successful candidate will lead execution of program plans for both new and sustaining programs which result in successful completion of projects.
- 8+ years of functional and program management experience required in a matrix environment, across multiple sites through the entire asset lifecycle (Concept / Approval / Deployment / Transfer / Scrap).
- Experience in managing capital equipment repair and scrap processes preferable
- Proficiency using Microsoft Project Or OmniPlan at the enterprise level.
- Proficiency using Excel, Keynote is must.
- Ability to resolve conflict and drive compromise.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of economic metrics such as NPV, ROI, etc.
- Experience managing projects within a defined stage-gate project development process.
- Experience in other complex capital equipment such as military, aerospace, automotive, large agricultural machinery, etc.
In this role, one will drive day-to-day activities on-site to meet the overall program objectives focusing on issues, communication and process alignment during engineering design and validation cycles for new programs. This role will also support and lead the overall guardianship of Apple’s capital equipments deployed on-site. Lead cross-functional communication between internal Apple team and contract manufacturer organization. Facilitate good communication and collaboration across engineering functions, operations, and vendors. Create and maintain project schedules. Provide timely issue resolution and critical path activities. Offer multiple levels of status updates across a wide spectrum of individual projects to executive management. Review and approve capital equipment consumable spend by CM to maintain high. Drive CM teams - for capital equipment transfers across sites, maintain high traceability and usability of Apple’s assets - to execute efficiency in equipment repair process to minimize downtime, spares and repair TAT
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's / Master's degree in a technical field
- - PMP certification desirable. Demonstration of equivalent knowledge is required if not certified.
- - Experience working with contract manufacturers
- - Familiarity with semiconductor capital equipment and their application to semiconductor manufacturing processes.
- - Demonstrated experience in lean design methodologies.
- - Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills. Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- - Ability to deal with rapid development cycles & remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- - Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- - Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.