Depth Camera Mechanical Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you love taking on big challenges that require exceptionally creative solutions? Do you deeply understand how an incredible camera experience should work? As part of our Camera Technologies group, you’ll help design the innovative technology that allows each generation of Apple products to produce photos even more incredible than the last. You’ll design and develop groundbreaking ideas for everything involved in our camera systems, from sensor to lens. You’ll collaborate with teams across Apple to research, design, develop, test, and qualify camera hardware for Apple products. Together, we’ll craft a magical photography experience that redefines what millions of customers can expect from their cameras. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver superior camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high-energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges.
- 3+ years of mechanical design using CAD 3D molding and drafting package. Experience with NX a plus
- Tolerance analysis of high complexity and precision mechanical designs with excellent understanding of GD&T
- Demonstrated ability design for plastic injection molding and metal stamping for mass production
- Experience with high precision fixture design
- Experience with environmental and reliability testing
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience with optics and optical systems a plus
- PCB design experience a plus
- Basic structural and thermal Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is a plus, but not required
- Design camera module structures and packaging in CAD. - Design injection molded, sheet metal, PCB, and other component parts. - Author detailed 2D manufacturing and inspection drawings. - Perform rigorous tolerance analysis of module designs and component parts. - Interface with component part and camera manufacturing partners on design manufacturability and resolution of mechanical issues. - Author clear documentation on mechanical inspection and test requirements. - Direct FEA engineers on evaluation of camera designs. - Ideal candidate will have 3+ years of relevant experience in the design of miniature component or opto-mechanical module for high-volume products. - Possess a proven record of project ownership and working in a fast paced environment. - Having experience with electro-mechanical design for camera is a definite plus.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required.
- Some travel may be required.