Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Support and Service
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work! If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big! We are seeking an experienced data scientist to join Planning & Procurement team in Singapore. AppleCare business strategy changes rapidly due to dynamic business condition in fast-pace environment. To support the growth, we are looking for data scientist who can use automation tools and data to support business and drive continuous product and process improvement and achieve productivity and efficiency target. An expert in advance analytics, you are passionate about turning data into impact insights, and driving creative data science solutions. You are skilled at creating analytical models and interactive visualizations. You are a motivated self-starter, comfortable navigating through ambiguity to evaluate complex data, analyze data from multiple angles, build analytical workflows, to deliver findings that directly impact the business. If this describes you, then you should consider joining us.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar field
- Knowledge of database technologies such as Teradata, Snowflake or MySQL with strong SQL execution and optimization skill
- Highly proficient in Python or R for data science
- Proficiency in more programming languages (e.g., VBA Excel Macros, HTML, AppleScript, Java, Mac OS/Linux like Bash) and experience on web application development is a plus
- Knowledge on REST APIs, shell scripting, Git/Github and Jenkins or experience for version control and reproducible code
- Background in supply chain/ customer service, statistic, operations research, mathematical modeling
- The ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, proven data science and advance analytics capabilities, strong business acumen, and highly developed drive to deliver results
- A self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy working in a fast-past dynamic environment. Innovative and strategic approach to reporting and business analytics
- Create, maintain, and improve applications, tools and automation to support business productivity and excellence - Partner closely with business function, Business intelligent, IS&T and GBI teams to enrich and consume data to address business questions and support service supply chain operations insights - Wrangle and analyze data to identify patterns, trends and feature engineering - Evaluate business needs through in-depth conversations with business users to understand the domain and data science for insights
Education & Experience
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematical /statistical/Data analytics & business intelligence degree and has more than 3 years of experience in data science or software development is preferred - MSc in Advanced analytics a distinct benefit To learn more about opportunities at Apple, visit https://www.apple.com/jobs/sg/ Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.