Technical Program Manager - Manufacturing Operations
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering and manufacturing
- Meaningful experience in introducing products into manufacturing, or high volume production a large plus
- Excellent leadership skills, experience working in a matrix organization
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired
- Direct experience leading any of the following functional engineering teams a plus (ME, EE, TE, DFX, Etc.)
- Experience working with International OEM partners
- Ability to travel internationally up to 40%
- Ability to communicate efficient in a worldwide environment
As a Technical Program Manager you would be the technical lead for manufacturing operations at multiple vendors and sites. - Driving contract manufacturer preparation for pre-production builds. - Production process development, documentation, optimization and validation. - Development and implementation of new technologies to improve production quality, capacity and efficiency. - Sets standard practices and independently settles impact to design approaches and parameters to the final product. - Provides direction, mentorship and resources to other engineering groups and project leaders as well as factory technicians. - Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and participates in the project planning of major sub-projects. - Performs assignments in several of the following manufacturing engineering functions: - Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and ongoing manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable. - Product Engineering: Works all phases of a product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life. Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis. - Process Engineering: Designs and develops technically complex processes to improve quality and efficiency. - Failure/Data Analysis: Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. - Specifies test to be performed, compiles data and makes recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards. This will include the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis using Six Sigma principles. - Provide regular VP level communication of technical health of program.
Education & Experience
BE / B. Tech from a premier school, MBA a plus.
- - Consistent track record of cost reduction, project management and engineering design required.
- - Shown bottom line project management experience. (Planning, Cost, & Delivery).
- - You should have validated working experience with DFm & DFx
- - Required to understand and tolerance stack ups for assemblies and part level.
- - Solid understanding of GD&T principles a plus
- - Experience in pneumatics, servomotors, PLC and PC-based control systems a plus.
- - JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.