SAP SD Engineering Project Manager (Retail GeoX)
Culver City, California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you deeply accountable for your work? A passion for product ownership and track record will prove critical to success on our team. SAP SD GeoX Functional Analyst is a position within the corporate Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) SAP team and this position will be key to our SAP Customer Engagement application space. We need a self-directed and motivated team mate with strong SAP SD Order-To-Cash business process and configuration experience. You will be required to have both business process skills as well as technical leadership skills, to be able to design and implement secure, scalable and sustainable solutions. It also requires the ability to create process flows, functional specifications and work with both onsite and offshore resources to build and test solutions, solve problems and resolve issues under pressure to meet timelines and present solutions to multiple levels of management. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who has the skill to own and drive initiatives and a passion to work in a highly integrated global solution platform! Be ready to make something great when here. Multifaceted, encouraging people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join Apple to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Hands-on SAP SD functional experience in functional analyst/project lead role positions for order to cash processes.
- Strong OTC business process knowledge, SAP SD configuration, development and E2E Integration Testing skills.
- Extensive hands-on functional design and configuration experience, including detailed specifications for user exits, utilities, interfaces, reports, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of SD functionality throughout the order to cash process, including billing and integration with CRM, MM and FI/CO.
- Demonstrated functional analyst & lead experience with ability to drive designs that balance business efficiency, system performance, security and compliance.
- Ability to deliver complex, cross-functional projects working closely with multiple business and technical teams.
- Ability to implement SD solutions within scope and timeline of multiple projects simultaneously, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions in an environment with high expectations and challenging timelines.
- Ability to collaborate with other teams in order to resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
- Ability to articulate complex ideas and solutions in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Ability to lead SAP projects, prioritize work and coordinate multiple projects in parallel.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills are highly valued.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are crucial to this position as it requires heavy interaction with business, other IS&T groups and 3rd parties on an ongoing basis globally dealing frequently with resources in different time zones.
- Self motivated as well as a motivator of others, goal and detail oriented, sensitive to established scope & timelines, strong at technical & functional analysis.
- Innovative, highly motivated with the ability to learn quickly. Join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist!
The successful candidate will work closely with Apple business and technical teams across regions, as well as external business partners and other 3rd parties. Much of this interaction will be with regional and global teams in other locations and other time zones, so excellent communication and collaboration skills are key. This close collaboration is key to figure out, recommend and implement scalable & robust solutions, following Apple’s own software development and project management methodologies and guidelines. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: The role will require strong influence and persuasion skills along with excellent configuration and development skills in order to seamlessly integrate SAP SD to front end (B2B e-Commerce, Apple Online Store (AOS), Point of Sale (POS), Apple Care) and other back end solutions (SAP Retail, Data Warehouse). Work closely with functional and technical teams (both SAP and other IS&T teams) during design and implementation of SAP SD functionalities to support different Apple businesses across the customer channels. Contribute to project implementation by supporting business during requirements gathering to understand their needs and provide guidance as needed. Perform functional and technical analysis of the requirements and propose appropriate design/technical solution. Support level of effort and scoping, including careful management of change requests. Ensure project scope is clearly defined, reasonable budget and timelines are established for the given scope and project is resourced effectively to deliver the solution within the established budget and timeline. Create and lead project plan, deliverables, dependencies, risks and mitigation plans. Run the day-to-day project activities including scope, conflicting priorities, issue escalations, status reporting, and meeting facilitations. Drive the functional and technical gap analysis and ensure project scope is clearly defined. Coordinate with overall project PM or Track leads to ensure that resources, budget and timeline are adequate to deliver the required solution. Drive scalable and flexible designs, ensuring adherence to global design principals, security and compliance standards, as well as documentation standards Issue tracking and driving issue resolution across teams. Ensuring adequate test cycles are defined and executed to support a smooth production launch. Managing cutover and implementation activities across multiple teams, both business and technical. Tracking issues and managing scope of changes during warranty support to ensure a successful handover to the production support team.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- High Tech industry experience but also with Retail Industry with global rollout in Europe, North America, Latin America, and Asia pacific markets.
- Demonstrable ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure without direct supervision
- Two to three years of SD related functions to support Order-To-Cash process (Order Management with Pricing & ATP, shipping/billing and integration to accounting and revenue recognition).
- One to two years of CRM pricing expertise
- Experience with payments processing (including credit cards, loans, wire transfer, and mobile payments) as well as integrating with external payments partners, acquirers and gateways
- Knowledge of SAP IS Retail or IS Retail E-Commerce solution is a plus
- Experience with implementing Web Based applications using SAP Portal landscape or on SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP)
- Knowledge and experience of SD interfaces (pricing & tax systems, Financial institutions, EDI, e-invoicing) using IDOC, flat file transfer or API is also a plus.
- SOH or S/4 HANA experience will be an added advantage