iOS Software Engineering Program Manager - Sensing & Connectivity
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple’s Sensing & Connectivity (S&C) software engineering group provides foundational technologies like Wifi, Bluetooth, GNSS, UWB for all Apple hardware. We deliver a variety of impactful features and products such AirTags, AirPods, Spatial Audio with head tracking, Exposure Notifications for contact tracing, Fall detection & VO2max alerts. The Software Engineering Program Office is looking for an experienced project manager to help us build the next generation of features and technologies by partnering with the S&C engineering team. If building and shipping products while learning new technologies sounds like fun to you, we should talk!
- Prior experience leading and shipping complex software projects and picking up new technologies.
- Hands on experience with software development practices (Agile, Waterfall etc.).
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, ability & desire to influence at all levels.
- Ability to distill information and messaging based on the target audience.
- Comfortable with working through ambiguity and unafraid to ask the hard questions to make forward progress.
- Interested in and intuition for good product sense and user experience.
The Sensing and Connectivity EPM team partners with software, hardware, design and other cross-functional teams to define, plan, track & ship new features and experiences across all OS hardware and software releases. You may also lead external vendors' firmware deliverables and associated planning for new features, bug tracking and critical issues. You need be able to clearly communicate requirements and status at both the engineering and executive level. You will have the opportunity to drive processes or insert new ones to constantly keep improving planning and execution efficiency and quality.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent