Engineering Program Manager - Hardware Technologies Group
Herzliya, Tel Aviv District, Israel
The Hardware Technologies Group is looking for a Camera/Depth Engineering Program Manager (EPM) that will be responsible to drive design, development and integration of next generation camera and depth modules into iPhone, iPad and Mac products. In this highly multi-functional role, you will coordinate efforts of the hardware, optics, software, mechanical engineering and operations teams to design, manufacture and integrate high quality cameras for Apple's entire product line. Are you ready to join us in crafting solutions the world doesn’t know of yet? If so, you should apply today. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Define and drive the build plan for multiple module integrators serving as the primary lead during module development and advocate for the best camera/depth performance throughout the organization - Creating and maintaining project schedules - Creating and tracking project budget, and managing Vendor’s Purchase orders - Collaborating with engineering managers and peer engineering program managers on supervising and maintaining the execution plan and status, through personal connections, processes and tools - Responsible for delivering depth and camera modules on schedule, facilitating risk management, and communicating status and issues to the development team and Apple executives - Facilitating effective communication and transparency between the cooperating x-functional teams - Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing key stokeholds for decision-making - Multiple international trips per year
- 5+ years experience as an engineering manager in HW domains or as a program/project manager
- Knowledge of mass-production consumer electronics products, supply chain, and test processes
- Experience with international OEM/ODM partners/vendors
- Know-how and passion for photography, digital imaging, and consumer products
- Experience with a multinational development environment
- ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING TECH BACKGROUND:
- Depth architecture experience in infrared wavelengths
- Good knowledge of optics and lens design
- Camera module design, development, or project management experience
- Mobile phone system design; specifically system integration and manufacturing experience
- PERSONAL SKILLS:
- Extraordinary listening, presentation, and communication skills
- Self-motivated and hard-working with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to encourage team members.
- Creative and organized with the ability of creating high quality plans and status reports
- Filter and distill relevant information for the right audience is critical
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products.
Education & Experience
B.Sc. in Electrical /Mechanical Engineering / Physics M.Sc – an advantage