VLSI CAD Engineer - Logic Equivalence & ECO
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Hardware Technologies group, you’ll help design and validate our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient system-on-chip (SoC) designs. You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices!
- Strong proficiency in programming languages, such as Perl, Python, and TCL
- Expertise in industry standard equivalence checking EDA tools
- Expertise in industry standard ASIC synthesis EDA tools
- Experience in RTL (Verilog, SystemVerilog)
- Experience in frontend digital design
- Excellent communication skills, including previous customer support experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration, inclusivity, active listening, and a growth mindset.
As a member of the CAD Team, you will develop, maintain, and enhance logic equivalence checking flows. You will support the software and scripts that design teams are using to verify implementation flows and complete ECOs. You will work directly with EDA vendors to address tool issues, and you will own issue closure on projects. Core Responsibilities: - Develop, maintain, and enhance CAD applications for logical equivalence. - Interact with the Integration team to understand their problems and propose solutions to solve them. - Support frontend design closure , ECO verification, and flow signoff. - Triage and solve CAD flow problems, and working around 3rd party EDA tool problems. - Collaborate with other CAD engineers to integrate your solutions into their flows. - Mentor and provide guidance to others as needed - Drive methodology improvements with customers and vendors
Education & Experience
Minimum requirement of Bachelors Degree +3 years of relevant industry experience.