Data Engineer, AppleCare Business Insights
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare Business Insight is a dynamic strategy and decision support organization that provides insight to drive business impact. This role is for a full-stack data engineer within the AppleCare BI team to provide data driven insight to improve revenue and margin for AppleCareʼs extended warranty products. You will build data engineering assets and statistical/machine learning models to surface useful business insights. The role engages with cross functional business teams to define the problem statement, design analytical solutions and operationalize the solutions.
- Advanced data modeling experience, strong SQL concepts skills, and understanding ETL
- Experience handling subscription data models, including enrollment, billing, churn, and customer segmentation
- Advanced experience with Snowflake
- Experience with advanced data analytics, data transformation and data management projects
- Dimensional modeling and business intelligence concepts
- Experience with commercial and emerging reporting tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau, ThoughtSpot)
- Experience in Web-scale databases, Hadoop, PostGre or NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Experience with big data and related data analytics and experience with R, Python or similar statistics tools is desirable
- Knowledge of predictive analytics, statistics and modeling techniques to develop and improve sophistication of Business Intelligence solutions
- In-depth experience of analyzing data and creating reports, data profiling, understanding anomaly detection and working with data to identify trends and make recommendations
- Able to quickly learn new and existing technologies
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, dedicated and solution-oriented individual
Responsible for crafting and implementing infrastructure projects to help build next generation of semantic layers solution. Need to understand business requirement, build design document, create prototypes, impact assessment, playback the impact statement. The ability to build IT scripts helps in UAT is expected. Work closely with data warehouse architects and software developers to generate flawless business intelligence solutions for end users. Support production analytic solutions. Present results of analyses to business units.
Education & Experience
M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research or related field or B.S. in related field with 4+ years experience applying analytical techniques to real business problems.