GPU RTL Design Intern
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Apple’s GPU Hardware Tech team are responsible for the outstanding graphics in Apple’s chips which power everything from Apple Watch and Apple TV to iPhone and iPad. We have unique career opportunities for interns interested in applying their hardware and software knowledge towards developing Apple’s cutting-edge GPUs. Working among the industry's best, we’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning.
- Coursework focusing on modern, energy-efficient/low-power logic design techniques
- Strong familiarity with RTL design in Verilog/VHDL and understand the logic structures being inferred
- Excellent communication skills, results-oriented and well organised
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under tight schedules
- An understanding of computer architecture including one or more of the following: high-speed CMOS processor and controller blocks, cache controllers, bus-interface subsystems, integer and floating-point numeric units, digital filters, crossbar fabrics and other high-speed data-path control units
As an intern on the RTL Design Team, you will assist with delivering high quality graphics IP in order to meet performance, feature, timing, area and power goals. We will provide you with the mentorship and the opportunity to collaborate with experienced Design Engineers, as well as work alongside our GPU platform architecture, functional verification and physical design teams that are responsible for our GPU products. With mentorship, you will work within the RTL Design Team to refine micro-architectural specifications and collaborate with the architecture, physical design and verification teams to mitigate potential issues as early as possible. This could include tasks such as implementing components of the micro-architecture, targeting leading-edge technology nodes, balancing energy efficiency, performance and area constraints with project schedule, maintainability and coding elegance. You may also review synthesis and power reports, root-cause and resolve timing and power issues, ensuring maximal QoR throughout your design. For this opening, we can consider students for the following locations: - St Albans - Cambridge - London
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, CS or related field.
- This position is a full-time internship and availability for 6 months as a minimum is preferred.