ML Manager - Operations Business Process Reengineering, Advanced Analytics
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you interested in applying your quantitative skills in a fast paced tech environment? If so, then this is the job for you. The Worldwide Sales and Operations Advanced Analytics team is looking for an experienced Manager in the Data Science and Machine Learning space with a deep passion for analytical solutions that have direct and measurable impact to Apple and its customers. The role involves leading a highly qualified team of data engineers and data science and design, build and deploy predictive and prescriptive end-to-end solutions for strategic and tactical supply chain decision-making.
- 12+ years of experience with 5+ years managing and leading a team of data engineering and machine learning scientists
- Strong partner - invested in the collective success of the team and project outcomes along with developing the talent within the team
- Current or prior hands on experience in developing end to end solutions for predictive analytics, forecasting, decisioning and automation (ML Ops)
- Practical experience solving real world problems and understanding of algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, and anomaly detection
- Experience in the field of univariate, multi variate and forecasting models in general
- Familiarity with cloud database technologies like AWS, Snowflake, Singlestore etc.
- Excellent software architecture and design skills
- Sound communication skills - adept at messaging domain and technical content, at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Innate curiosity and bias to action with expert ability to identify, define and implement project plans and develop modeling approaches suitable for the problem
- Self-sufficient with an ability to thrive in an environment of autonomy amidst ambiguity
- Experience prototyping and developing software in programming languages (Java/C++/Python/Perl)
As an ML Manager, we look forward to your engaging with business teams to find opportunities, driving critical projects, building and sustaining production applications and working collaboratively across teams to get things done. - Implement data science pipelines and applications in a general programming language such as Python, Scala, Java or C++ - Deliver data analytics to the organization at scale as a key member of a small team of experts - Design and develop Machine Learning based models to solve complex supply chain problems, with a focus on predictive analytics and forecasting - Build large scale execution models in ambiguous environments - Collaborate effectively with other business partners (supply demand planners, retail team, apple care etc.), peer data scientists, and IT groups - Determine essential tradeoffs within the models and take an active role in clearly communicating the recommendations to senior management
Education & Experience
BTech in Computer Science or IT / MBA from a premier school
- - Supply chain operations planning and material management experience and/or prior role in supporting supply chain business processes preferred
- - Experience with large data sets, Big Data and analytics
- - Strong communication and presentation skills