System Integration Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrated technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. We're a hardworking and critical team that helps drive design, develop and integrate cellular chipsets in Apple products. You will join a hands-on system integration team that nurtures creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering precision!
- Experience with leading small team of engineers as a tech lead or manager
- Strong domain expert with cellular baseband development and testing experience
- Experience in setting up and managing test systems for testing end to end cellular functionality like 2G/3G/4G/ 5G
- Experience in Debug of 4G/5G live network as well as Simulator failures
- Experience with driving defects analysis and root cause with project teams
- Proven experience with how cellular network works and interacts with network, knowledge of Phy, protocol n/w layers, bands, etc.
- Strong scripting experience (Python preferred, Perl) and debugging
- Experience with Git, Gerrit and Jenkins job configurations and understanding of software development flow with continuous integration flow knowledge
- Experience in setting up Mac based hosts, knowledge of installing automation tools for crafting test setup.
- Expertise in cellular system test automation execution and Experience in isolating issues, both software/hardware.
- Familiar with operating test equipment (CMW500, Anritsu, Keysight)
- Teamwork, diligent, good communication skills.
The Baseband system integration team is looking for an excellent engineer to join our organisation and help us drive quality and performance improvements in our cellular baseband products. You will be crafting efficient, robust, scalable development/testing infrastructure and tools. This is a highly technical hands-on role which requires in-depth technical understanding of software, hardware and test environments in a resource-constrained environment. You should be a person who is motivated, who can research, develop and pursue issues, and work with teams of developers and test engineers across the organization. You’ll be involved in all phases of the cellular integration process, and have a direct impact on the experience of millions of customers. You will have a real passion for Performance, automation and Software, along with hands on automation experience. It is encouraged that you can track and clearly communicate work you're doing related to release readiness, identify any gaps, and consistently assess new and innovative ways to improve the delivery of our products, as well as promote performance and architecture standard methodologies throughout the engineering team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent meaningful experience.