Cellular Software Development Engineer - L1 Control
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
Join our Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team and drive innovation that matters! We build and seamlessly integrate technologies that enrich people’s lives and deliver the best user-experience. We're a passionate and critical team that designs, develops and integrates software for cellular chipsets in Apple products. You will join a hands-on development team that nurtures creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection. Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible. As part of a world class cellular team, you’ll craft sophisticated groundbreaking embedded software that deliver more Performance in our products than ever before. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new cellular technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations! By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries, redefine what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world.
- - Minimum BS and 3 or more years of relevant industry experience
- - In-depth hands-on experience with real-time, embedded cellular 3G/4G/5G PHY L1 Software/Firmware; strong
- - knowledge of embedded real-time control, sophisticated digital signal processing (DSP), communications, information theory, estimation, adaptive filtering, control loops; other advanced DSP, communication and RF topics a plus.
- - Strong understanding of software engineering principles using C and/or C++, Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and concurrent programming.
- - Working knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces of high-speed communication subsystems.
- - Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms.
- - Experience in SW verification and HW validation utilizing scripting and/or automation frameworks with strong experience debugging embedded software systems using system simulators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG debuggers.
Apple’s Cellular Software team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core cellular technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines. We are passionate about keeping our users connected 24/7 wherever they go. This team takes pride in not just coming up with proven software designs but also in disrupting traditional models of the cellular ecosystem. We do whatever it takes to bring user experience to the next level. In this role you will be a key member of the Cellular Layer1 Control Software team with following responsibilities: Specify, design, and implement PHY/Layer1 Control Software/Firmware of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system. Implement key scheduling, control processing in tight timeline, latency, and energy constraints. Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon Layer1 Control SW design and verification. Evaluate and implement leading edge tools for build, formal verification, and test. Define methodologies and standards.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters with Computer Science specialisation or equivalent.