AMS Lab Validation Engineer
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. We are looking to hire a Lab Validation Engineer in a group at Apple that develops SOCs that will be used in Apple mobile devices. You will be responsible for the lab characterization for Apple SOCs covering analog IP, high-speed IO (both parallel and serial), package, and board. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high energy individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges.
- You should have extensive experience in the lab measurement, measurement automation, high-speed signal measurement, power integrity measurement, analog IP characterization, high-speed IO standards and related lab characterization, and lab management.
- - Familiar with lab equipment, such as VNA, TDR, real-time scope, spectrum analyzer, BERT, signal generator, probe station, and etc
- - Proficient in lab measurement and automation with TCL/Linux/Python scripting
- - Deep knowledge in signal integrity and power integrity
- - Team work and great communication skill
You will need to have extensive experience in lab equipment, test automation, SI expertise in Serial links (such as PCIe) as well as parallel bus standards (such as LPDDR interface), power integrity at package level and as well as board level, and lab debug. Responsibilities include: - Work with signal integrity engineer and IP designer to perform SI and PI lab measurement, analog IP characterization and high-speed IO characterization - Setup the lab test and automate the data acquisition, data processing, and reporting. - Work with chip designer and board design in various lab measurement and debug activities
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or industrial experience equivalent. PhD is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.