Mold Design Engineer, Yokohama Technology Center
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
We bring amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continuously reimagining our products and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. That innovation is inspired by a shared commitment to great work — and to each other. Because learning from the people here means we’re learning from the best. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the development of key technology for Apple products. We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated Mold Design Engineer to work on advanced optical technology development. Join us to create the next generation of revolutionary Apple products.
- Experience in the area of mold design of plastic products
- Experience with 3D-CAD for designing
- Self-motivation, drive and organization skills
You will work on development of mold design for new items. Mold quality is the key factor of product’s accuracy. Highly reliable design can only be achieved based on excellent knowledge of mechanical engineering and structural analysis simulation, considering manufacturing requirements. For complicated and unique cases, in order to tackle all challenges, it is necessary to understand process limitation deeply. Equipped with the experience of doing the above, you will establish original mold concepts and design mold base and core parts from scratch. We are seeking a person with logical thinking, self-driven and willing to take on a challenge.
Education & Experience
B.S./M.S. in Science, Technology, Engineering or equivalent fields
- 5+ years of experience in the area of mold design
- Experience with designing molds for injection molding
- Familiar with mechanical and thermo-fluid analysis/simulation
- Familiar with manufacturing flow of molds
- Familiar with optical parts, optical design and machining
- Experience with mechanical and jig design is preferred
- Japanese Language Profeciency: reading and daily conversation