Metrology Technician, Yokohama Technology Center
We bring amazing people together to make amazing things happen. We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continuously reimagining our products and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. That innovation is inspired by a shared commitment to great work — and to each other. Because learning from the people here means we’re learning from the best. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the development of key technology for Apple products. We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated Metrology Technician to work on advanced optical technology development together. Join us to create the next generation of revolutionary Apple products.
- Minimum one year of experience in the area of metrology
- Experience with handling small and high precision parts
- Familiar with analyzing data using Excel (e.g. various arithmetic operations, trigonometric functions and SUMIF functions)
- Self-motivation, drive and organization skills
You will support engineering team on development of precision metrology method. Metrology plays critical role for creating innovative, complicated and high accuracy products. You will deal with challenges that no-one had experienced before. You will operate measurement equipment, summarize and analyze data. We are seeking a person with a high motivation and who is willing to take on a challenge.
Education & Experience
College degree in Science, Technology, Engineering
- Experience with operating 3D measurement equipment
- Experience handling microscope and tweezers
- Macro, C++ programming skill
- Familiarity with machining and molds
- Experience with design using 3D-CAD
- Japanese: Daily conversation and reading