Business Development Manager, AppleCare Sales
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
AppleCare is a key part of the Apple ecosystem, providing integrated support and service that empowers our customers, helps them get the most from their Apple product and contributes to our industry-leading customer loyalty. As part of the Worldwide Apple Support Business Development organization, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for sustaining and driving growth of the Apple Support business in North Asia across all products and all channels. Working in a diverse, multicultural environment, you will collaborate and align with multiple teams inside Apple and across our partner ecosystem. Focus will be to understand the overarching market landscape and our partners’ strategic goals; ultimately to develop and execute on an in-country sales strategy in-sync with the worldwide AppleCare Business Development and other service and product sales teams. You will promote standard methodologies and product awareness, develop sales incentive and training programs to drive awareness and identify innovative ways to promote AppleCare. This is a fast paced, exciting role that will require to build fluidly from strategic sales planning to rolling up sleeves and diving headlong into flawless execution. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring intelligence, passion and dedication to the job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5+ years business development, channel account and/or program management experience in the Telecom or technology industry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver on business development strategies that result in incremental sales growth
- Successful track record of managing complex relationships with multiple channel partners
- Demonstrated strength in negotiating complex contracts and partnerships
- Ability to forge professional & trusting relationships with diverse, multicultural and geographically dispersed teams
- Ability to work seamlessly across all levels of the organization up to and including Executive leaders
- Professional presentation and analytical skills with a knack for transforming data into intelligence
- Proficiency in Korean language
- Business cultural understanding for Korea
- Proficiency in Japanese language and business cultural practices a plus
- Understanding of Insurance regulatory framework a plus
- Flexibility to travel
This role will collaborate closely with all Korea and Japan channel and account teams; act as an extended team member coordinated into all aspects of the account to sustain and drive AppleCare awareness, revenue and growth. - Work with partners and resellers to develop and negotiate solutions that deliver amazing customer experiences - Develop strategic sales campaigns, promotions and programs designed to improve AppleCare sales - Construct program offerings through an understanding of sales objectives, data trends, leadership direction, market research, and channel performance. - Work closely with Business Development Sales Enablement and Product Management teams to support our partners with the proper tools - Management of program operations, such as program scope, Key Performance Indicators, coverage data, communications, and action plan tracking. - Identify relevant worldwide sales programs and resources, and adapt them to the region, channel and partner - Design program development resources, such as training content, engagement activities, communications to participants, and program updates. - Maintain deep knowledge of the AppleCare business in North Asia to prepare sales performance reports and analysis to WorldWide AppleCare and in-Region leadership team on a regular basis
Education & Experience
- The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!