Apple Support Training Program Manager
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Support and Service
Do you have a passion for driving training adoption for the coolest products on the market? If that’s you, we should talk! As an Apple Support Training Program Manager (TPM), you will be responsible for the planning, implementation and sustainment of Apple Support training programs for our vendor sites in Japan. You will partner with internal and external resources to improve critical metrics through training initiatives. The positions require the candidate to demonstrate solid instructional design expertise, delivery and evaluation skills that meet the requirements of adult learners in both classroom and virtual settings. You need a strong technical, training and project management foundation to energize and lead a variety of training initiatives simultaneously. Building and maintaining strong relationship with internal and external partners is vital to be successful in this role. You’ll work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced dynamic environment that demands high quality, creativity and consistency. This position is based in Tokyo, Japan.
- 5-8 years experience in training field
- Strong project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Cross-functional relationship builder.
- Well-versed in Business Analytics with a speciality in learning management measures.
- A proven track record in instructor development.
- Excellent presentation, classroom delivery and facilitation as well as general communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in logically visualizing ideas, approaches, analysis results, summaries in presentation softwares such as Pages and Keynote.
- Proficiency in Japanese and English is a requirement.
- Prior training program manager experience in multinational company preferred.
Responsibility includes not limited to: - Manage the AppleCare training programs ensuring all training metrics and program guidelines are meeting AppleCare standards. - Lead implementation, and evaluation of AppleCare training programs and share standard methodologies to improve training. - Accredit instructors through the Accreditation Review Board process. - Conduct calibrations of instructor delivery observations with the training evaluators (senior instructors, training leads, training managers) of vendors sites to improve instructor delivery performance. - Serve as a key training liaison and expert for groups developing training, making recommendations, documenting and sharing knowledge. - Partner with the training evaluators of vendors sites to determine trends within instructor observations to report on instructor quality and areas of opportunity. - Deliver Instructor Qualification Course and other assigned curriculums as needed and as a role model. - Own the health of AppleCare Training Programs. This includes but no limited to: - Review Instructor EOC performance - Track Instructor growth through the Accreditation process - Ensure vendors’ training evaluators perform regular classroom observations on each Instructor - Ensure vendors’ training managers keep LMS data up-to-date with Instructor information - Keep LMS up-to-date with Room information - Ensure 100% of all instructors delivering AppleCare curriculums are V/IQC grads - Ensure 100% of all V/IQC grads, participate in a formal Train-The-Trainer by an accredited instructor - Collect & review Monthly Training Trackers from vendors’ Training Managers - Conduct internal Quarterly Training Reviews. - Conduct Train-The-Trainer Trainer sessions - Stay current by conducting or observing one or more assigned curriculums per year - Drive and share best practices in processes and reporting
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree, Diploma or equivalent We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.