Sales Training - Content Editor / Planner
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Sales Training Contents team is responsible for training, enabling, and motivating salespeople at Apple resellers in Japan, including retailers, mobile carriers, and consumer electronics stores. Apple SEED is our platform to deliver sales news, tips, training, games, and other resources that help salespeople bring the Apple experience to life for customers. We’re looking for an Editor / Planner who will make recommendations on content strategy, and develop content when needed. You’ll understand the worldwide content plan, identify regional needs, and weave the inputs together into a compelling audience experience that engages, advises, and influences channel salespeople in the region. You’ll work in a fast-paced and multifaceted environment with hardworking colleagues, where your creativity and problem-solving skills can shine.
- Experience crafting and writing sales content. Background in educational theory, instructional design, curriculum creation
- Skill in written and spoken Japanese at an appropriate standard
- Communications, training, or other content-consumption expertise, including significant storytelling skills and big-picture thinking
- Skills to work across a sophisticated matrix of partners, with a track record of forming close partnerships with a variety of teams
- Ability to translate business goals into impactful and measurable training and communications
- Outstanding presentation and written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort with ambiguity, a fast learner, and the ability to adapt quickly to change
- Self-driven to collaborate and seek feedback while driving towards a goal
- Experience with Apple products and software
- Experience working in a retail environment and a background in educational theory, instructional design, curriculum creation, or marketing is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English required
• Be responsible for the team to extraordinary success ensuring quality of content, relevance and alignment to the content strategy. • Assemble inputs on business needs and opportunities from operations, sales, marketing and other partners, then synthesize inputs into a training and communications content plan. • Efficiently tell the story of the plan strategy and content design to partners and stakeholders to provide visibility and gain on board. • Demonstrate and create content that’s relevant, engaging, and interactive by editing worldwide content to be applicable to regional needs, and create original content that’s unique to regional needs. • Apply Apple standards to produce training and communications in the conversational, intelligent, and sophisticated style that reflects the Apple brand. • Partner with the worldwide team, regional cross-functional teams, and content creators to develop content that uses technology to achieve learning objectives, including videos, interactive authoring, simulations, games, and more. • Plan content across a wide range of platforms, including app, web, on-the-job, virtual classroom, and classroom. • Use data and audience feedback to advise decisions about cadence, content types, content evolution, and more. • Promote content to the audience, partners, and regional publishing teams to ensure that it’s leveraged and consumed. Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.