RF Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. Join our team if you are an inventive engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist! We’re looking for an RF Regulatory Compliance Engineer to drive various wireless project certification end to end, from development to launch, worldwide with focus in Japan. You will work with Apple’s international teams and regional organizations to ensure that our product meets worldwide wireless compliance standards and to ensure the critical deployment of new products and technologies.
- Determine relevant compliance requirements for new technologies and products and provide requirements to support the product development teams
- Collaborate with internal hardware and software engineering teams through the development process
- Partner with external agencies and government regulatory authorities to influence rules and policy to support Apples product roadmap
- We look up to you to stay ahead of on any changes to global regulatory requirements, agency approvals or test procedures and keep worldwide team cross-functional teams updated on status
- Hands-on testing experience for EMC/EMI/RF exposure regulatory compliance for Japan - Experience with standard professional test lab equipment and processes for certification - Knowledge of wireless infrastructure architectures, communications protocols, regulatory requirements and approval process. - Knowledge of Japan Radio Law, Technical Requirement and International telecommunications regulations and standards. - Hands on experience with wireless technologies like WLAN, BT, NFC, 802.11, LTE, - Experience with mmWave 5G is preferred - A minimum of 5 years experience in wireless engineering or telecommunications - Experience with regulatory process is preferred - Experience of working with various forums and standardization bodies to influence the requirements/rule is added advantage.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering Discipline