Mixed-Signal IC Product Engineer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Imagine what you could do here at Apple? Together we could help craft the next generation of the world’s finest devices! New ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your career, and there's no telling what you could accomplish! At Apple Japan Design Center we are looking for Mixed-Signal IC Product Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for mass production of new ICs. This includes characterization and qualification of new IC, definition and validation of manufacturing test processes, failure analysis and implementation of corrective actions as well as yield improvement efforts.
- The ideal candidate should have 7+ years of product engineering experience.
- Knowledge of IC manufacturing process. (i.e., Wafer process, Test etc.)
- Knowledgeable in production control process, data validity check /interpretation and statistical analysis.
- High volume product yield management.
- Ability to define and direct design of experiment to identify root cause of failure.
- Experiences in characterization planning and generating characterization report.
- Have coding/scripting skills (Python, perl, Shell, etc.)
- Knowledge of product design basics and experience work directly with design teams.
- Business level English communication skills to work with internal team members and external suppliers
Define and implement mass production processes and provide support to fab/backend sites for smooth production. Perform data analysis, characterization, and fault isolation to identify the root cause of any issues. Work with design, manufacturing process, and test engineers to identify and implement corrective actions on both new and mature products and technologies. Define and finalize production screening guard-band specifications based upon design intent and characterization result. Perform statistical data analysis on mass data set. Perform electrical failure analysis by using test equipment and coding evaluation program. Perform yield analyses and correlation analyses for all levels of test - pareto building, statistics, etc. Additional tasks might be required depending on business situation.
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE or equivalent is required
- Experience handling ATE test program or other evaluation testing tool for characterization, electrical failure analysis and data collection is plus.
- Analog and digital IC high volume manufacturing experience is plus.
- Experience analog design or digital design is plus.