Financial Analyst - FP&A (12 month Contract)
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Northeast Asia Finance team manages all sales finance activities for Apple’s indirect channel businesses in Japan. We are a part of a wide-ranging Worldwide Sales Finance organization, aligned by key areas which are led locally, but with a strong alignment to global process ownership! The key areas include Demand Forecasting & Analytics (DF&A), Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), and our Business Support Finance. You will be based in Tokyo, and a key player in understanding and analyzing the our business in Japan. Key responsibilities include handling financial metrics and business management processes for each of our business unit.
- Strong finance background with Business Finance, FP&A or Sales Operations experience of 5 years minimum
- Strong analytical focus with business modeling and forecasting experience
- Strong English proficiency and excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Skilled in ERP software (e.g. SAP), database apps (Access or equivalent) and sophisticated MS Excel skills
- Attention to details, while maintaining a bigger picture view
- Self starter & extraordinary teammate with positive, dedicated, and open attitude
- Ability to prioritize your workload and respond quickly to urgent requests
- You will need high business insight and integrity
- Annual business plan and monthly/quarterly forecasts of our department expense (OPEX) budgeting and Sales compensation program for both Japan and Korea - Monthly/quarterly performance of our variance analysis with actual tracking - Supporting our department heads to provide with financial metrics to help their business decisions/target - Ad-hoc metrics reporting for senior management to assist your manager in various way - Dedicatedly take a leadership role to keep our team together and ensure the efficient operation of our team - Key interaction with our: Japan/Korea Sales team, RTM Finance teams, Japan/Korea Controller, WW Sales Finance in Cupertino and our shared Services in Singapore. Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business related field or MBA advantageous