RF Connectivity Engineer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple RF System Engineering team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated individual to work on integration of connectivity (WLAN/ BT / GPS/ NFC) technologies into Apple’s wireless products.
- You have experience with evaluation of design, test and troubleshooting of wireless HW. Experience should include strong understanding of transceiver design, RF front-end characteristics that impact System Level RF Parametrics (power, sensitivity, EVM, etc.).
- You have experience working with lab equipment such as network analyzers, signal generators, signal analyzers.
- You have deep understanding of at least one wireless technology including 802.11, 802.11ad, Bluetooth, GNSS or NFC (Preferred).
- Experience with translating system performance specifications into hardware specifications is a plus.
- Proficiency at Matlab simulations to model and analyze wireless feature implementation is a plus. Proficiency at HFSS simulations to model/analyze wireless HW issues is also a plus.
- Understanding of PHY Layer and MAC/application layer for WLAN/BT is helpful and experience in debugging throughput issues is a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal.
You will create and execute detailed test plans for wireless parametric and root cause issues. You are expected to provide root cause analysis and drive fixes by collaborating with responsible engineers. For complex wireless issues, you are required to propose system optimizations and drive the changes in collaboration with cross-functional teams. You will work with vendors, technology suppliers and cross-functional teams to optimize End-to-End wireless system performance (e.g. throughput, wireless audio quality etc) across Apple products.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree with 3 + years' experience required. Masters Degree experience preferred.