Embedded Firmware Engineer
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Software and Services
Design, develop & launch next-generation Wireless Power Technologies in Apple products. We believe the future is Wireless. The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team - Create the world’s best Wireless Charging user-experience by inventing state-of-the-art technologies. The Wireless Power Technology team develops bleeding-edge Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products - the iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods, AirPower and more. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented & smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity & innovation. Join us. We are looking for a bright, self-confident, experienced firmware engineer. Pioneer best-in-class Wireless charging, for a new Wireless world.
- Ideally, you will have:
- 5 years minimum proven experience in the field of embedded engineering
- Strong skills in C/C++ and scripting languages, such as Python.
- Deep understanding of data structures, object-oriented design, and system architecture in an embedded environment
- Fundamental knowledge of microprocessors and RTOS concepts
- Solid understanding of AGILE design methodologies
- Experience with versioning and automation tools, such as git or Unit testing
- Proven a strong ability to effectively manage your time and prioritise work accordingly
- Effective written and oral communication skills, particularly with technical content.
Working closely with hardware development team on creating wireless power technology, you will learn new concepts and help drive the resolution of ambiguous problems in a fast paced, high technology environment. You will be a technical leader in a team developing firmware for ARM Core processors and other customer ASICs - responsible for delivering features within a project, including planning, documenting and implementation. Interacting with team members locally and remotely, you will effectively communicate progress reports and issues on your work to multi-functional teams and management. We work with a global team across technologies and products that will require you to quickly familiarise and be effective with a range of firmware development tools, processes and procedures. You will be responsible for the development of new tools and general documentation to share your knowledge across the global firmware development team.
Education & Experience
Tertiary qualification(s) in electrical engineering or computer science.
- - Self-motivated, willing and able to operate with little direct guidance or supervision, work effectively with incomplete or vaguely defined requirements
- - A dedication to following our Company procedures and doing business in a manner consistent with our values
- - Travel to China and the USA 3 to 4 times per year, 1-2 weeks at a time.