Embedded QA Manager , Wireless Power
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Software and Services
A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You will be challenged. You will be inspired. And you’ll be proud. If you are a self-motivated teammate, who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, passionate about building extraordinary products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. We believe the future is Wireless. The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team - Create the world’s best Wireless Charging user-experience by inventing state-of-the-art technologies. The Wireless Power Technology team develops bleeding-edge Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products - the iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods, AirPower and more. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented & smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity & innovation. Join us. Pioneer best-in-class Wireless charging, for a new Wireless world.
- We are looking for:
- Passionate about customer experience.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Consistent track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best engineers.
- Thrives working in a continually changing fast paced environment and driving top issues to resolution.
- Eager to deep dive into technical challenges and think creatively about how to test them.
- Ability to summarise key points and tie them back to the customer experience.
- 2+ years experience as a QA Manager preferably for consumer electronics.
We are looking for an experienced QA manager to plan and manage quality efforts for a team focused on embedded software/firmware in consumer devices. You have experience leading a team, driving multi-functional efforts and testing consumer electronics. The Quality manager will interact with all engineering disciplines including software, firmware, algorithm and project management teams. You will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment in which developing and fostering partnerships with multi-functional teams is key to long term success.
Education & Experience
- Tertiary qualification(s) in the field of electrical engineering or computer science - Five years minimum proven experience in the field of embedded engineering, with focus on QA
- - Self-motivated, willing and able to operate with little direct guidance or supervision, work effectively with incomplete or vaguely defined requirements
- - A commitment to following our Company procedures.
- - A commitment to doing business in a manner consistent with our values
- - Travel to China and the USA 3 to 4 times per year, 1-2 weeks at a time.