Systems Integration and Test Engineer
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. We believe the future is Wireless! The ultimate goal of Apple Wireless Power Team is to deliver products with highest quality and provide a seamless user experience for end users. Given the complexity and infinite possibilities comprising the use cases of wireless power technology, we work hand in hand cross-functionally to achieve this. Kicking off design verification at early stages thru validation as the design matures ensures that our team defines the unidentifiable boundary of each designed product. Are you in for the challenges? If you are passionate about evaluation of new technology, conceptualizing new verification methods, and development of new products, you will fit right in. The aim is to develop, organize, design and implement methods of verification that are essential throughout the entire design development cycle.
- Self starter and motivator with good communications skills and ability to work independently as well as collaborate proactively within various levels of the organization.
- Think out of the box to and use this to propose alternative ways of solving issues specifically when facing issues on critical timelines.
- Take initiative to proactively identify, solve problems and has a desire to contribute.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to assess, recommend and make decisions based on data from verification and validation testing.
- Flexibility to evolving business needs, this involves willingness to participate beyond normal working hours.
You will be responsible in generating verification plans alongside the Hardware Design Engineers. Providing expertise in systems engineering, architecting methods to enable verification and validation of system’s controls and hardware requirements. Execution and documentation of above is expected of the role. Part of the deliverables are concise and detailed plans and reports with emphasis on prioritising tasks and execution proposal to meet challenging deadlines. Logging of issues with the level of context to assist in root cause analysis is also expected during execution of the verification or automation development process. - Conduct FMEA on some areas of test processes and validation to identify design root causes of issues. - Develop and participate in developing test tools to effectively simulate user experience at any test phase during design development. - Up to 20% travel required
Education & Experience
- Electrical/Power Electronics Engineering degree and relevant 5+ years of experience in a related field or industry required. - Knowledgeable on Digital and Analog circuit design and circuit analysis. - Basic knowledge on Switch Mode Power Supply, Inductive or Wireless Power Transfer is an advantage. - Knowledge and experience in six sigma and various statistical methods/concepts is desired. - Experience in using Python, Matlab, Labview and confident using the command line in Unix, Linux, and/or OS X - Background in designing, integrating and testing robotics / automating systems is a plus. - Ability to assess, recommend and make decisions based on data from validation testing.