Hardware Engineer - Factory Support (HWEE) Intern
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Apple is a place where extraordinary people team up to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned - and now can’t imagine living without. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk! The mission of the Wireless Power Technology team - Build the world’s best Wireless Charging user- experience by inventing state-of-the-art technologies. We develop bleeding-edge Wireless Charging designs that are central to Apple’s products - the iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods and more. New challenges arise every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity & innovation. Join us. Pioneer best-in class Wireless charging, for a new Wireless world!
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and appetite for Innovation, Rigor & Healthy Paranoia
- Strong communication (written & verbal) & problem solving skills - self-starter driving problems to resolution
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up, debugging and functional verification.
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++ or other scripting languages
- Experience or keen interest with high volume manufacturing and statistical production tolerance analysis
- Experience with high volume manufacturing and statistical production tolerance analysis
New Power system Design & Integration - from Prototyping to Production. - New power technology proof-of-concept investigations - Prototype building, system bring-up, characterisation, testing and validation - Production system-level problem solving - Failure analysis, root cause & corrective action proposal, often done by communicating and liaising with peers in various different time zones. - Design of Experiments (DOE) creation, execution and data analysis - Author engineering specifications & verification / validation plans and documentation. - Define pass / fail criteria for key test parameters and perform detailed analysis of volume production data to ensure convergence between simulated and real world hardware. - Present findings to wider core team - Deep dive, debug and at times develop automated test sequence software.
Education & Experience
Studying towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics (Electro-magnetics, Thermodynamics) or industry experience equivalent.