Maps Software Engineer - Scala/Spark
Malmo, Skane, Sweden
Software and Services
We, the Maps Data team are responsible for the platform and systems to represent a wide variety of map features for the entire globe! In this role the successful candidate will bridge the software engineering team and the users to optimize the usage and benefits from the software systems and will get to work with some of the latest and greatest platforms and frameworks!
- - MS in computer science or equivalent.
- - 3+ years developing distributed data processing pipelines for sophisticated data sets.
- - 5+ years Object-oriented/functional programming and design skills, preferably in Scala.
- - Shown deep proficiency with Big Data processing technologies
- - Experience designing or implementing systems which work with external vendors' interfaces
- - Ability to wear different hats and a can a problem solving mind set.
We're responsible for building data validation platforms that are used at scale. You will be mostly coding in Scala and working with Play Framework, Spark, Mongo DB and Akka and more. Maps is a complex product and you'll be challenged in your ability to grasp things quickly and working fast with smart people. Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as a belief that collaborative development builds a better product and make you a better engineer.
Education & Experience
MS in computer science or equivalent.
- - Geo spatial experience
- - Proficiency with Play or other similar Frameworks is a nice bonus
- - Experience with Jenkins or other build-integration systems
- - Hands-on experience from Hadoop technologies like MR, Spark, Yarn etc.
- - Experience using and operating Mongo and PostGres.
- - Experience with reactive programming.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.