Interactive Release Manager, apple.com
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Apple’s Worldwide Marketing Communications group (Marcom) creates a vast amount of high-quality marketing and communications content to support our business across the globe. The Interactive Release Operations team within Marcom is responsible for the successful deployment of updates to http://www.apple.com, including those for major launch events and day-to-day publishing operations. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- Coordination, planning, scheduling, support, and execution for activities surrounding the development and release of updates for http://www.apple.com
- Provide ongoing support for end users of Interactive systems and process.
- Provide documentation and cross-training for partners and end users.
- High-level administration for Interactive systems (provisioning of development environments, user management, permissions, etc.).
- Work closely with Project Management, Systems Administration, and other teams on various infrastructure including source code repositories, development environments, internal tools, and related servers.
- Assist with the design and documentation of new systems, upgrades to existing systems, the vetting of proposed solutions, requirements gathering, and provide ideas for infrastructure projects and process improvements.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to work independently and applying good judgment and critical thinking to complete tasks and solve issues.
- Extraordinary troubleshooting and problem solving skills; ability to pick-up new skills quickly, a self-directed learner.
- Willingness to take the initiative to solve problems, and a desire to learn and apply knowledge.
- You are able to work equally well with people in creative and technical positions.
- Strong oral and written communicator with good social skills, and proven ability to work with people from a wide range of backgrounds, varying levels of technical ability, and with those for whom English is not their first language.
- Your ability to forge trusting relationships through patience and understanding within a diverse team.
- You have an extensive experience with the use of Subversion and Git, ideally as part of a build and release system, Jenkins or similar systems. Also, your working knowledge of GitHub would be an asset, especially administrative experience.
- Familiarity with back-end technologies such as Apache (think configuration and optimization), PHP and/or other web application languages, content management systems, or demonstrated experience with scripting languages (Bash, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.) and regular expressions (regex) would be all be considered a plus.
- You will have a deep understanding of Apple’s products and business and have a minimum of 5+ years experience in a complex enterprise or marketing environment.
We are seeking a highly motivated Release Manager to join the team. You will primarily focus on operational support for the development and global release of content updates into production for the marketing site in the US, and worldwide for nearly 100 locales and in dozens of languages. The position involves technical leadership and collaboration on challenging and fast-paced projects to support Apple’s various marketing initiatives. You’ll interact regularly with Web Producers and Developers, System Administrators, Project Managers, and other partners covering many different aspects of Apple’s business. Your primary function is to execute the publishing of regular updates to the http://apple.com website. These updates are primarily for the US market, but are sometimes worldwide deployments affecting our international sites as well. We work very closely with teams in 11 different cities around the world helping to plan and support their regularly deployed changes. You will be working with various partners to plan releases — sometimes coordinating across multiple projects to meet the needs of each within tight timelines, the provisioning and assignment of development environments, advising Developers, Producers, QA and other partners on best practices and policies, and providing front-line support and triaging for various teams when issues arise. Presented with a technical problem of any type, you should be able to dive into the details, navigating through the various systems and technologies involved to accurately diagnose the root cause and help resolve a course of action to correct the issue.
Education & Experience
Information Technology, Web Development, Software Engineering, Release Management/Operations and/or similar disciplines preferred.