Senior Data Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. A deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. There is an extraordinary opportunity for a talented Senior Data Engineer with a proven track record of delivering high volume data and data pipeline solutions and architecture. The role requires in-depth knowledge with ground breaking big data technologies. Tuning, troubleshooting and scaling these big data technologies, where having a curiosity with the internal workings of these systems is key to being successful.
- Validated experience in delivering complex, scalable and resilient large-scale distributed systems
- Design and build multi-tenant systems capable of loading and transforming large volume of structured and semi-structured fast moving data.
- Experience in large-volume data ingestion, processing, and analysis in real-time, near real-time and batch.
- Skilled in object-oriented programming (Java and/or Scala)
- Deep understanding of distributed messaging systems (Kafka, Solace etc.)
- Working knowledge of Big data technologies like HDFS, Hive, Spark, Yarn etc
- Significant years of experience of a major relational or NoSQL database (e.g. Oracle / Cassandra)
- Proficient in Data Modelling for SQL and NoSQL based database technologies
- Experience in AWS or other cloud technologies
- Familiarity with REST model
- Ability to use scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.) is a plus
- Usage of source version control software (e.g. Git)
- Dedication to code quality with experience of automated testing techniques (both static and dynamic)
- Superb communication and collaborative skills.
- Evaluating and defining requirements and problem statements.
- Developing user documentation, diagrams & flowcharts
This is a hard-core software engineering role, where a large part of an engineer's time is spent writing code with the remainder being spent on designing and architecting systems, tuning and debugging big data systems, supporting production systems and supporting data scientists. You will be a standout colleague with a forward thinking mindset, ability and confidence to challenge the status quo to define future visions. The position is based in Singapore and forms part of the global Apple Online Store team.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience or equivalent is required.