Front End Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Today, the Apple Online Store provides one of the best multichannel commerce experiences in the world, and operates in 37 countries worldwide. At AOS, its Engineering team is responsible for the global eCommerce platform that serves millions of customers around the world. We are a team of highly skilled Engineering Managers, Engineers, Analysts and Project Managers based in Singapore, London, & Cupertino. There is a superb opportunity for a talented Front End Engineer who possesses a keen eye for detail, a deep passion for aesthetics and creating exquisite user experiences to be part of a global software Engineering team responsible for deliver groundbreaking eCommerce features.
- Experience in User-centred design (UCD) from initial wireframes through prototyping and building of the final product.
- Proficient in UI/UX design and translating the design to code.
- Experience in building highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications.
- Familiarity with core concepts of JAVA. Usage of source version control software (e.g. Git)
- Commitment to code quality with experience of automated testing techniques (both static and dynamic) Superb communication and reciprocal skills
- Evaluating and defining requirements and problem statements. Excitement and passion to work on amazing products
- Validated ability to excel in a fast-paced development team
- You should be able to combine the art of design with programming with an eye for well crafted front-end experiences, and the experience of building scalable web sites. - Apart from understanding the front-end web development process, including design, development and deployment, some back-end experience is also important. - One should be a phenomenal teammate with a forward thinking mindset, ability and confidence to challenge the status quo to define future visions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience or equivalent is required. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.