Senior Technical Lead/Architect
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Today, the Apple Online Store provides one of the best multichannel commerce experiences in the world, and operates in 37 countries worldwide. At AOS, its Engineering team is responsible for the global eCommerce platform that serves millions of customers around the world. We are a team of highly skilled Engineering Managers, Engineers, Analysts and Project Managers based in Singapore, London, & Cupertino. There is a superb opportunity for a talented Senior Technical Lead/Architect with a proven track record of delivering complex applications to work as part of a global software Engineering team responsible for delivering groundbreaking eCommerce applications for Apple’s customers.
- You have a tried experience delivering complex solutions for a multi-tier, distributed web application
- Hands-on experience in designing scalable client and server side web applications
- Knowledge of architectural styles, design patterns and API design
- In-depth experience in object-oriented programming (Java, J2EE, Spring or other MVC framework), Service Oriented Architectures, and RESTFUL services.
- Significant years of experience of a major relational or NoSQL database (e.g. Oracle / Cassandra)
- Familiar with frequent/incremental code testing and deployment Experience in containerisation and container management
- Dedication to code quality with experience of automated testing techniques (both static and dynamic) Ensures data security and compliance
- Good communication and reciprocal skills. Excellent people skills with the ability to coach and lead others
- Experienced in leading geographically distributed teams a plus Evaluating and defining requirements and problem statements. Developing user documentation, diagrams & flowcharts
- Validated ability to excel in a fast-paced development team Excitement and passion to work on amazing products
You will lead and be responsible for overall product architecture and design. As a Technical Lead, you will have a validated technical background and able to define all aspects of development from choosing the suitable technology stack and frameworks to coding standards. The role requires you to build a mutual trust and understanding with the immediate team and geographically dispersed teams. You will be a standout colleague with a forward thinking mindset, ability and confidence to challenge the status quo to define future visions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or significant industry experience or equivalent is required. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.