Software Engineer (Java)
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. A deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. There is a superb opportunity for a hardworking Java Software Engineer with a consistent record of delivering complex software applications to work as part of a global Software Engineering team.
- Experience in object-oriented programming (Java, J2EE, Spring or other MVC framework)
- Deep understanding and hands on experience in development of Service Oriented Architectures and RESTFUL services using JAX-RS
- Usage of source version control software (e.g. Git)
- Familiar with Test Driven Development using testing frameworks like Mockito, PowerMock etc.
- Knowledge of a major relational or NoSQL database (e.g. Oracle / Cassandra)
- An understanding of distributed messaging systems
- Knowledge of data structures, design patterns, architectural styles and API design
- Dedication to code quality with experience of automated testing techniques (both static and dynamic)
- Evaluating and defining requirements and problem statements
- Developing technical documentation, diagrams & flowcharts
- Knowledge of containerisation of applications using Docker will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud technologies is a strong positive
The role requires an excellent grasp of technical concepts with a proven understanding of the full development life cycle process with a forward thinking mindset, ability and confidence to challenge the status quo.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant industry experience or equivalent is required.