Senior Business Analyst, Asia Pacific Supply Chain
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Operations and Supply Chain
The World Wide Supply Chain team is seeking to hire a Senior Business Analyst to join the Asia Pacific team. The role will be dynamic, encompassing all aspects of Supply Chain Operations throughout the life cycle of our products. This position is based in Singapore and reports to the APAC Supply Chain Manager. You will have high level analytical skills, be able to dissect and analyse large datasets, present in an understandable format plus develop and present proposals for change. You will work both on individual studies and as part of wider project teams delivering significant business change.
- Technical person with the ability to quickly understand business processes and business drivers
- Strong analytical and financial capabilities with experience in developing suites of reporting
- Ability to lead complex projects in a matrix organization
- A desire to operate hands on in the role and have excellent verbal, analytical, written, organizational and social skills
- The appetite of a self-starter who is motivated and innovative, with a high tolerance of stress in handling multiple priorities and meeting all deadlines
- Strong excel skills are important with database experience an advantage
- Experience with LTL, FTL, Parcel, Air and Ocean modes of transportation and providers of same, as well as global shipping standards and freight forwarding, would be a distinct advantage.
You will participate in: Identifying & analysing large amounts of information from multiple sources to identify profiles & trends. This could be APAC specific or it could be for any Apple geography or Worldwide Analysis. Form part of the Global Supply Chain Group and ensure they are representing the requirements of the APAC region in global meetings. Understand and tap on the Supply Chain concepts and opportunities being worked across the other regions with a view to applying these to the Asia Pacific region. Where appropriate they will project-manage the implementation of these initiatives in their region working closely with the relevant Supply Chain and Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) teams. Driving innovative and challenging thinking in our approach to supply chain and ensuring appropriate benchmarking takes place from a regional Supply Chain perspective at least on an annual basis. Undertaking analysis to support decision making on fulfillment decisions. Evaluating current business processes and find opportunities to improve. Present comprehensive proposals for improvements based on investigations & analysis undertaken Work closely with Finance to focus on the identification of supply chain cost challenges and opportunities by product and by route to market. Work closely with other operational business units such as Reseller Operations, SDM, Retail Fulfillment and Apple Fulfillment Operations to focus on the identification of supply chain cost challenges and opportunities. Developing processes focusing on cost, lead-time and customer supply chain performance expectations Ability to maintain and develop relationships, within a project and team.
Education & Experience
Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering Degree qualified with 5 years logistics, supply chain, fulfillment operations experience.
- Prior experience in fields that demand complex quantitative analysis such as finance or operations research is beneficial.
- Every day, people do amazing things at Apple. What will you do?