Senior Data Scientist, App Store Analytics - Business & Marketing
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Software and Services
At Apple Media Products (AMP) Analytics, we analyze large-scale data across customer and content provider touch points in order to develop metrics and deep insights to measure performance and drive strategy. Our culture is about getting things done iteratively and rapidly, with open feedback and debate along the away; we believe analytics is a team sport. We encourage independent decision-making and taking smart risks. AMP Analytics collaborates deeply with stakeholders across product, design, engineering, and business teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through deep quantitive research of the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes Video, iBooks, Podcasts amongst other services.
- 4+ years of experience in a Data Scientist or Data Analyst role, preferably for an app or digital subscription business.
- Strong and curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
- Well-versed SQL languages. Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- Familiarity with Python or R and data visualization tools such as Tableau for full-stack data analysis, insight synthesis and presentation.
- Experience using relevant statistical packages to build predictive/ML models.
- Familiarity with A/B test experimentation design.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of executive requests and product launches.
Dive deep into large-scale data to uncover trends and identify key insights that will propel the App Store business and marketing strategy. Shape how best to monitor, measure and understand business performance with a focus on Asia. Collaborate with business, marketing, finance and executive teams to generate regular presentations for C-level. Partner with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing KPIs and democratizing data.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or relevant field. Ideally, Masters in related field.
- This position is based in Singapore.